Religious people find God useful for obtaining things in life. Christians find God beautiful and knowing Him is the chief good they seek.
The Psalmist declares in Psalm 27:4 –
“One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.”
- May we see and sense in new ways today how beautiful and lovely our Lord is.
- May we not settle for little glimpses of His majesty.
- May He give us the gift of gazing – a sustained focus of His beauty.
- May we all come to the place where we can’t keep our eyes off of Him!
- May the Lord so work in all of our hearts today that we find Him beautiful.
Friends, this is not just a nice, little sentimental exercise. It is a spiritual lifeline that will keep you from giving your heart to lesser loves and other beauties that will ultimately lead you into bondage, misery, and despair. True beauty always leads to liberation and lasting joy!
One thought on “Gazing Upon True Beauty”
Pingback: Religious people and painful absence of spring of living water – Relating to God