Demands of Advancing the Gospel
1. It demands sacrifice and hard work (vv. 1-2, 6, 12 – Tryphaena and Tryphosa, v.12 – Persis – “who has worked hard in the Lord”)
2. It demands taking risk (v.4)
3. It demands a willingness to suffer (v.7 – fellow prisoners)
Delights of Advancing the Gospel
1. With whom do we have the privilege of advancing the gospel? We serve together with those who are beloved in the Lord (v.8). That we get to do it together (v. 9 – the phrase “fellow workers,” v. 10 – “approved in Christ”, v.13 – “chosen in the Lord”)
2. What is the result of this enterprise? Seeing others come to find hope and life in Christ. (10X the phrase “in Christ… in Christ Jesus… in the Lord” is used). Expanding our family… brothers and saints (v.14-15).