- Preparation: Pray and Read Through Your Passage
Record your prayer for God’s help.
- King Jesus, we desire to be those who are eternally blessed by your Father.
- So, we ask that the door into your everlasting kingdom be opened for us.
- Give us the grace to hear your Spirit speaking to us through your Word as you set forth your authoritative Word on the future and the final judgment that awaits all.
- We come confidently to you since our Judge is also our Savior. We praise you in His name, AMEN.
- Adoration: Praise God for Who He Is
What should you praise God for based on your passage?
- Father, we praise you that Jesus, in all of his glory, is coming again to establish his eternal kingdom. He will not be alone for ALL of his angelic hosts will accompany him. He will sit down on his throne of glory!
- Our God is a gathering God. He gathers all the nations before Him.
- Jesus will separate the nations into two groups: the sheep and the goats for He is our shepherd King.
- Jesus elevates his people to the position of honor and favor – his right hand.
- Jesus invites those in a blessed relationship with His Father to inherit their ultimate gift – the kingdom. “The kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.”
- Jesus possesses deep solidarity with his people. “You did it to ME.”
- The Father has prepared an eternal kingdom, but he has also prepared eternal fire and punishment for the devil and his angels.
- Confession: Acknowledge and Turn from your Sinfulness
What sin should you confess based on your passage?
- Forgive me for my lack of compassion and tender-hearted mercy towards brothers in need.
- For all the ways that I refuse to count the costs of following and serving you.
- For my failure to see you Jesus in the lives of your people who are distressed and needy.
- Pardon me for thinking that my entrance into Your kingdom is based upon what I do rather than what you have already done to provide it.
- Thanksgiving: Express Gratitude for God’s Works and Gifts
What should you thank God for based on your passage?
- Jesus is destined to be the king and judge of the world. Those who condemn and pass judgment upon Jesus know not what they do. The one whom they mock as ‘king of the Jews’ is destined to become the king of the world. It is not his fate that is in their hands but their fate that is in his.
- There is a prepared kingdom to inherit for the righteous.
- Thank you, Jesus, that you care and are incredibly attentive to the least/smallest of your brothers. Jesus is our elder brother.
- Thank you, Father, that good works are not the cause of our salvation but certainly the evidence of it.
- Supplication: Ask God to Meet Your Spiritual and Physical Needs
What should you ask for yourself based on your passage?
- Help me Father to know that I will give an account of the following: How I live my life, invest all of your resources, and care for your family.
- Grant me the privilege of seeing you Lord Jesus in the people whom I serve, rather than getting frustrated with them.
- Consecration: Commit to Obeying God’s Will
What should you commit to doing based on your passage?
- How do you want me to serve the poor and needy among your people?
- Help me to steward well your gifts of hospitality, helps, mercy, and service.
- Our church’s deacons are tasked with ensuring that these ministries of mercy are happening in and through our church. Equip them with the commitment, resolve, and practical know-how to do so.
- Intercession: Ask God to Meet the Needs of Others
Record your prayer for God’s help.
- Awaken in us your merciful and kind heart to the destitute, poor and needy.
- Help us not to go light on ourselves since we know that we are not saved by works, but by faith!