1. Preparation: Pray and Read Through Your Passage
Record your prayer for God’s help.
• Father, you sent your Son to earth on a mission: To seek and to save the lost.
• Part of that mission was also to destroy the devil’s work: His work of deception, accusation, and destruction.
• Because Jesus overcame him through his sinless life, sacrificial death, and glorious resurrection, we too shall overcome him.
• Teach us the life-transforming and liberating truths from your Word. AMEN.
2. Adoration: Praise God for Who He Is
What should you praise God for based on your passage?
• The Father prepares a place for his people (the woman) to be nourished between the first and second coming of Jesus.
• Salvation, power, the kingdom, and all authority in spiritual conflict are now ours through Jesus Christ.
• May the Lord be praised for granting us grace to persevere and overcome/conquer the devil and his accusations and efforts to deceive and destroy.
• God ensures that his son finishes his work of redemption (her child was caught up to God and to his throne – from incarnation to ascension – Rev. 12:5).
• We praise you O Father that the rightful King has landed. He is sabotaging Satan and his kingdom of darkness. For he is the “one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron – Rev. 12:5.
3. Confession: Acknowledge and Turn from your Sinfulness
What sin should you confess based on your passage?
• Too often I minimize our powerful adversary. He is God’s enemy, the great dragon, the ancient serpent who caused Adam and Eve to fall into sin, the expert tempter, the slanderer, the adversary, and the deceiver of the whole world. He is intent on making war with the seed of the woman – the people of the Lord (Genesis 3:15).
• Forgive me for not availing myself of my spiritual weapons amid spiritual conflict. What are those weapons?
• The blood of the Lamb – Trust and rest in the finished work of the Lord Jesus upon the cross.
• the word of their testimony – by how we receive the gospel, believe it, and live it out every day until we are in heaven. We prevail because Jesus has prevailed.
• Give us a supreme devotion and love for Jesus more than our physical safety.
• Pardon me for loving other people and things more than you.
4. Thanksgiving: Express Gratitude for God’s Works and Gifts
What should you thank God for based on your passage?
• I am thankful that, although Satan has constantly opposed God and his plan, he has been repeatedly defeated in the great acts of God’s saving power (Gen. 3:1, 15; Ps. 74:13, 14; Is. 27:1; 51:9, 10; Ezek. 29:3; Luke 10:18; 11:14–23; John 12:31; Col. 2:15). He rises against the Messiah (vv. 4, 5) and His servants (v. 17) but will finally be consigned to everlasting punishment (20:10).
• I am thankful that the rule of King Jesus is one of a SHEPHERD king. He will shepherd the nations.
• I am thankful that the time for the devil to continue deceiving and devouring is SHORT (v. 12).
• I am thankful for sustaining grace to hold fast to the testimony of Jesus and to keep God’s commandments.
• I am thankful to serve an authoritative Christ whose kingdom is coming. Salvation is mine full and free in Jesus.
5. Supplication: Ask God to Meet Your Spiritual and Physical Needs
What should you ask for yourself based on this passage?
• Father, make me more aware of the spiritual battle that rages for the souls of men and women and boys and girls. Help me not to be ignorant of the devil’s schemes and attempts to make me unfruitful and ineffective in my service for you and to destroy my witness for you.
• Father, grant me the grace to persevere and not succumb to the accusations of the devil. May I know that you are for me and with me!
• Help me remember that the devil has been overcome and that I constantly need to flee the devil and his temptations.
6. Consecration: Commit to Obeying God’s Will
What should you commit to doing based on your passage?
• Trust that the Lord will keep me in his grace from ultimate, spiritual harm. However, that doesn’t mean that the Lord will always keep me physically safe. “Even unto death” is a stark reminder that allegiance to Jesus may be costly.
• Resolve to fight daily against the devil, his accusations, temptations, lies, and deceit.
• May your Word and your Spirit nourish and protect my soul regularly as I persevere in the spiritual fight.
7. Intercession: Ask God to Meet the Needs of Others
Record your prayer for God’s help.
• May those whom I love fight the good fight of faith.
• May they be nourished by your Word and Spirit for victory in spiritual warfare!
• Keep them alert to spiritual attack and temptation.
• May they hold fast their testimony for Jesus and gladly do what He commands.
• Give to those who are being pressured to compromise spiritually saving faith, bold witness, and steady perseverance to gain victory over their adversary. AMEN.