Scripture suffuses every part of our worship services.
- We call one another to our awesome task of worshipping God with Scripture.
- We sing God’s praise with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs in order to make God’s Word memorable and vivid.
- The Spirit uses God’s Word to convict us of sin and to show us our fresh need of His forgiveness and grace.
- We use the precious promises of God’s Word to assure us of His pardon.
- We give attention to reading His sacred Scriptures because faith comes by hearing the Word of God.
- We preach His Word because, through it, God chooses to save and cause some to be spiritually reborn (1 Corinthians 1:21, 1 Peter 1:25).
- Also, His Word equips us to live for Christ and to make an impact His kingdom during the perilous times in which we live (2 Timothy 3).
- Lastly, God sends us out with His blessing to serve a needy world. This benediction comes from His Word!
Why do we make such a big deal about the Word saturating all of our worship? Because… “All flesh is like grass, and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the Word of the Lord remains forever” (1 Peter 1:24).
Through the eternal, profitable, inerrant, and living Word of God, we hear and receive “the good news” by which we experience eternal salvation. Therefore, it is imperative that we carefully prepare our hearts to give our undivided attention to His Word when we gather with God’s people to worship Him!