Here are a few things we believe about missions at Trinity.
- We want “to so present Christ Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit, that men, women, boys and girls shall come to put their trust in God through Him, to accept Him as their Savior, and serve Him as their King in the fellowship of His church.” (Anglican Archbishops’ Committee of Inquiry into the Evangelistic Work of the Church, 1918).
- We believe that every believer must be a global Christian with a global vision because our God is a global God.
- We believe that Jesus’ authority on earth allows us to dare to go to all the nations. His authority in heaven gives us our only hope of success.
- We believe that His presence with us compels us with delight to go and make disciples of all nations.
- Thus, “evangelism means exhorting sinners to accept Christ Jesus as their Savior, recognizing that in the most final and far-reaching sense they are lost without Him. Nor is this all. Evangelism also means summoning men to receive Christ Jesus as all that He is—Lord, as well as Savior—and therefore to serve Him as their King in the fellowship of His church, the company of those who worship Him, witness to Him, and work for Him here on earth.” – J.I. Packer, Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1991), 39)