The sinless Son of God was conceived in the womb of a virgin and born to rescue hell bound sinners. It sounds like the stuff of fairy tales. The angel of the Lord, Gabriel, explains how the incarnation of Jesus Christ can happen: “nothing will be impossible with God.”
- The Lord has had to remind his people continually of this truth. He came to Sarah in her old age after years of disappointment, waiting, and frustration to remind her of the promise that she would indeed have a son. When she laughed in unbelief, the Lord rebuked her with this question: “Is anything too hard for the Lord?”
- The Lord came to Job after his travail of intense suffering to teach him that the Lord can do all things and that no purpose of His will ever be thwarted (Job 42:2).
- The Lord came to Jeremiah, who is called the weeping prophet, to remind him that the Lord made the heavens and the earth by his great power and his outstretched arm and that nothing is too hard for Him (32:17, 27).
- Jesus came to the rich young ruler to teach him that with God all things are possible, even the salvation of people who have no apparent need because of their wealth (Matt. 19:26).
- Lastly, the angel of the Lord comes to a humble, teenage, virgin girl to inform her that she will give birth to the long-awaited Messiah. She will be given the greatest privilege that a woman could have – to give birth to God incarnate. How could a miracle like this happen? The God of the Bible specializes in the impossible.
What is it in your life that seems humanly impossible? Why not bring it to the Lord in believing prayer and rest in the truth that nothing is impossible with your God.